Peanut Butter & Chocolate | Yum!
These cookies simply melt in the mouth! I made them with smooth peanut butter but I can only imagine the awesomeness of crunchy PB!
Makes 20-30 cookies
170g Plain flour
40g Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
Pinch of Salt
115g Unsalted Butter, Softened
120g Crunchy Peanut butter
90g Caster sugar, plus 30g extra for rolling
70g Light brown soft sugar
1 Large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat the oven to 170oC/ 150oC/ 325oF/ Gas Mark 3, and line 2-3 baking trays with baking parchment.
2) Sift together the Flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
3) Cream the butter, peanut butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Aff the edd and vanilla extract and mix wel, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined and a dough is formed.
4) Put the extra caster sugar in a small bowl. Roll the dough into 4-5 cm (1 /2 - 2in) balls, and roll each ball in the caster sugar to coat. Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking trays, keeping them about 4 cm (1 1/2in) apart,
5) Bake for 10-15 minuted or until the cookeies have a crusty surface and have cracked. Cool completely before serving.