It tastes like....Christmas!
This recipe was the answer to a simple prayer....I need to do something with this mince meat. And something not involving actual mince pies!
Well, here was the answer, covered in cream cheese frosting! It also is a 2 in 1: has shortbread biscuit toppers and the actual cupcakes! In this post, I'll let you in on the shortbread recipe. In the next, it will be the actual cupcake (my bed awaits).
140g Plain flour
40g Caster/ Granulated sugar
Edible gold glitter (I didn't have this so it wasn't in my shortbread)
Optional: 15g (1/2 tbspn) Ground Almonds (my addition to the recipe!)
You'll also need mini-cookie cutters to your taste and 2 baking sheets lined with baking parchment.
1) Preheat the oven to 190oC/ Fan 170oC / 375oC / Gas 5.
2) Mix the sugar and flour in a bowl and rub in the butter with your fingers until it looks sandy.
3) When you have crumbs sticking together, gently squeeze the mixture into a ball, wrap in cling flim and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
4) Once out of the fridge, roll the dough out on a flour-dusted surface. (I split the dough in half for this.
5) Use your cookie cutters to cut shapes out of the dowugh and place on a lined baking sheet.
6) Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until a light golden colour on the edges.
7) Allow to cool on the side, then dust with edible glitter.
A simple but yummy shortbread recipe. I used these as cupcake toppers.
The excess were eaten happily with friends!
Let me know how you find this recipe!